Know Thyself … Genetically
Technology has revolutionized medicine. Through genetics and epigenetics healthcare can be tailored according to your particular strengths and weaknesses. This is the ultimate in personalized medicine knowing how to prevent disease and optimize your health.
Functional genetic testing can tell us how to personalise your lifestyle and diet choices and, where necessary, using supplements tailored to offset any particular nutritional or biochemical deficit based on specific gene variants.
DNA Health tests for 36 gene variants involved in the following biological processes that have been linked to risk for diseases of lifestyle:
- Cholesterol metabolism and risk for heart disease
- Bone health & risk for osteoporosis
- Vitamin B Metabolism and risk for cancer
- Inflammation and oxidative stress
- Insulin sensitivity and risk for diabetes
- Food responsiveness, including Lactose intolerance, Caffeine processing, Salt sensitivity and blood pressure & Iron overload disorders
DNA Diet is to support a personalised healthy eating plan based on individual genetic difference giving insight into how you react to carbohydrates, saturated fats and intensity of exercise, allowing your doctor to further personalise your eating plan to suit your needs.
DNA Sport examines various biological areas that impact training responsiveness and sporting performance. These include soft tissue remodelling, inflammation, blood flow and respiration, energy production and fuel metabolism. Athletic success results firstly from personalising a training strategy that optimises your genetic potential, and secondly choosing the right lifestyle, nutrition and environmental interactions to optimally express your inherited genes. DNA Sport reports on the following areas:
- structural integrity of soft tissues
- inflammation & oxidative stress
- blood flow & respiration
- energy during exercise
- fuel during exercise
- caffeine metabolism
- muscle and bone composition
- aerobic capacity
- power/strength potential