Dr Janssens and IHC offer integrative health care for such health concerns as MS, ALS, Autism, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. We have a remarkably effective program that includes the following basic health steps.
1) We assess the toxic build-up of heavy metals such as mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, and aluminum that is carried within the tissues of the body. For example amalgam in dental fillings is composed of 50% mercury and research has shown conclusively that mercury vapor continuously leaks into the body and tends to accumulate in your kidneys, thyroid, brain and liver.
Short term memory loss, difficulty with concentration, loss of temper for no particular reason, fatigue, occasional headaches, minor muscle ticks, joint and muscle pain, attacks of dizziness and vertigo, intestinal disturbances such as gas and bloating, chronic inflammation, metal taste in mouth, sinusitis, and neurological symptoms like numbness and paralysis can all be symptoms of a build-up of heavy metals.
We offer a variety of treatments for heavy metals include chelation with EDTA, DMPS and DMSA both oral and intravenous and natural chelation protocols.
Toxic exposure is not limited to heavy metals and may be a result of exposure to toxic organic/inorganic chemicals such as benzene, plastics, fuel, pesticides, cleaning agents, hair dyes, radiation and much more. These chemicals require an individualized approach to detoxify and clear from the body.
2) Another common cause of neurological disorders is microbial in origin. Such organisms as viruses, bacteria, spirochetes, parasites, yeasts and molds can all be the root cause of neurological damage. Lyme’s disease and Valley fever are examples of just two common infectious illnesses that are found in the US. Clearing the offending organism from the body is an essential component of a treatment protocol.
3) A comprehensive individualized nutritional approach is essential for correcting neurological disorders. Our goal is to determine any food allergies and/or intolerances as well as nutritional deficiencies and imbalances.
We offer the following tests for food allergies/intolerances:
- Serum IgG and IgE testing RAST testing-radioalergosorbant test measures the level of IGE antibodies that a person has to a specific substance.
- ALCAT testing-reaction of white blood cells to various foods.
- Allergy elimination diet.
We also offer comprehensive blood tests to measure levels of all vitamins and minerals.
4) Essential to the healing of any neurological condition is the assessment and correction of essential fatty acid levels. We take pride in offering the latest in fatty acid testing and research from John Hopkins University Hospital peroxisomal lab. This lab has devised a test that determines both imbalances of essential fats, as well as the levels of free radical and long chain fats that are the source of neurological damage. This test can be used to both treat and prevent such conditions as MS, ALS, Alzheimers, Autism and many other neurological conditions.Intravenous treatment programs
We offer a variety of intravenous protocols including Vitamin C, glutathione, lipostabil, chelation and hydrogen peroxide.